Monday, September 28, 2020

1st-3rd Grade September 4th Week Lesson#2 Drum, Old Lady with Fly and Darci lesson

 BEFORE WE START

THE LESSON,
FOR THE MUSIC JOKE ABOUT
THE PIANO
AND HOW IT GOT OUT OF JAIL.
(This is just a quick review)

I will now like to 
introduce to you
a special guest puppet 
from my music classroom.
Please give a big welcome 
to the OLD LADY
as she tells a story
about an "OLD LADY
WHO SWALLOWED A FLY"

(If you don't see a video of me holding the OLD LADY puppet,
I haven't made the video with the OLD LADY yet.)


YOU KNOW HOW 
WE HAVE BEEN LEARNING
ABOUT DARCI AND HER
SINGING PUPPETS?

HERE SHE IS 

WITH THE YODELING COWGIRL




IF YOU WOULD LIKE,
LET US WATCH
HOW TO DO
VENTRILIQUISM
WITH 
DARCI LYNNE?

VENTRILIQUISM IS...
LEARNING TO TALK
WITHOUT MOVING YOUR LIPS


(If there is time)
I just have to show another video of Darci.
This time, instead of performing by herself,
 she will be performing with Terry Fator,
and his singing puppet.

Alright, I am having too much fun
finding videos of Darci with her singing puppets.
I just have to post this next video.
I don't think I'll have time to show this in class.
This video is more for entertainment
to see the old lady named Edna perform with Darci.


The following is 
The music instrument of the day 
for the music letter "D" is
DRUM

In American Sign Language,
the letter "D" looks like this.


Show me the letter "D" on one hand

Who can tell me what 
Instrument Family
does the DRUM belong to?
WOODWIND
BRASS
STRING
PERCUSSION

Now let's review some
DRUMS
This is a snare DRUM
like "Snary" the blue Meloditty 
snare DRUM in Taratabong land
You play the snare DRUM with drum sticks.
This is a hand DRUM that you play with your hands
We also call this kind of DRUM a bongo DRUM

Below is a BASS DRUM
the word BASS sounds like "BASE"
The Meloditty bass DRUM is the
big pink momma "Drumba" DRUM in Taratabong land
You play the bass (base) DRUM with padded sticks.
A padded stick in music is called MALLET.




Sincerely,
 Mrs. Carol Louise Moore
Don't forget to check out:
my singing daughters the Moore Sisters from Idaho
my flute videos under cmooreflute
my inspirational quotes by me under cmooreinspiration
my handmade soaps and crafts under cmooresoap







No comments:

Post a Comment

K-5 (Focus 2nd Grade) Patriotic Yankee Doodle Kidsong with Mrs. Carol Louise Moore and the hand drum

IT'S TIME TO PRACTICE  PLAYING THE DRUMS TO YANKEE DOODLE BUT FIRST, LET'S DO A DRUM LESSON TO HELP US GET GOOD  AT PLAYING DRUMS ...