Thursday, January 10, 2019

2nd Grade "Star Spangled Banner" Music Lesson by Mrs. Carol Louise Moore

We will first start off our program by singing 
our national anthem
"The Star Spangled Banner"

I created this handout to try to help the kids
read and learn the song. 
You can also practice singing along to 
"The Star Spangled Banner" here.
IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND
THE IMPORTANCE OF SINGING THIS SONG
WE ARE GOING TO WATCH A VIDEO
ON THE HISTORY OF OUR 
NATIONAL ANTHEM OF....
THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER







The sign language for "FREE" is 
crossing the wrists out in front of you, 
like someone tied your wrists together with rope 
in front of you and is holding you captive; 

then you break the ropes by breaking FREE and 
now you are brave by 
holding bent arms out to side like in the picture. 

This is like how we are learning 
"FREE" and "BRAVE" with the 
"YOU'RE A GRAND OLD FLAG" song.


I would like to do a sign language video of 
"You're a Grand Ole Flag" and post on YouTube 
for the kids to practice at home.
The new song for our program this year is 
"YANKEE DOODLE".



I will talk MOORE about this song on my next post. 
Meanwhile, stay tuned for MOORE kidsongs. 

Sincerely,
 Mrs. Carol Louise Moore
Don't forget to check out:
my singing daughters the Moore Sisters from Idaho
my flute videos under cmooreflute
my inspirational quotes by me under cmooreinspiration
my handmade soaps and crafts under cmooresoap

No comments:

Post a Comment

K-5 (Focus 2nd Grade) Patriotic Yankee Doodle Kidsong with Mrs. Carol Louise Moore and the hand drum

IT'S TIME TO PRACTICE  PLAYING THE DRUMS TO YANKEE DOODLE BUT FIRST, LET'S DO A DRUM LESSON TO HELP US GET GOOD  AT PLAYING DRUMS ...